Oilfields Supply Center was founded in Dubai in the early 1960’s by His Highness Shaikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the late Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai, Oilfields Supply Center is a Government of Dubai company under the Chairmanship of His Highness Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai and Minister of Finance and Industry for the U.A.E. It is the first base of its kind in the region and rapidly established itself as a reliable partner for the oil and gas industry, providing a wide range of land-based facilities and operations support in Jebel Ali. Currently the company has three distinct bases in Dubai, they are located in Jebel Ali Free Zone, TechnoPark and Dubai Industrial City, which covers up to 11 million square feet of land. OSC bases also geographically exist in Malaysia, USA, and Saudi Arabia. The company offers industrial facilities to accommodate the company’s operations and to other prime oilfield business partners.
OSC wholly owns several former Schlumberger & Baker Hughes joint ventures, which include:
• Smith International Manufacturing Limited (SIML) – an advanced manufacturing center.
• Smith International Gulf Services (SIGS) – a regional leader in oilfield inspection & repair.
• Christensen Gulf Service LLC (CGS) – provides bespoke servicing of drilling tools.
• MI – Gulf Services LLC (MIGS) – drilling fluids, solids control & waste management services.
In addition to these former JVs, OSC has OEM distribution agreements to sell:
• Hydra-Jar AP® DAH Drilling Jars
• Rhino-Reamer® HEWD tools
• Borrox AP® & Model 60 Roller Reamers
• Dynomax™ Performance Drilling Motors
• HydraQuaker™ DAH Drilling Jars
• Diamant Drilling Services PDC Drill Bits
• ArmRdillo™ Odfjell WBCU tools
• XpresDrill™ Whipstocks